Bushwalking NSW 'bush camp'

Find like-minded people to share your adventures.
trishm26
Full name: trish morrow
City: gosford
State: New South Wales

Bushwalking NSW 'bush camp'

Post by trishm26 » 27 Aug 2018, 08:13

In October BushwalkingNSW is supposed to be hosting a weekend at Bungonia NP. Any forum users in registered clubs planning to go? I'd love some demos of other ways to prussick (eg the post on this forum). They're looking for workshop ideas.

T2
Site Admin
Full name: Tim Vollmer
City: Blaxland

Re: Bushwalking NSW 'bush camp'

Post by T2 » 27 Aug 2018, 09:47

FYI, for people who may not have the info about this event, it is taking place at Bungonia on the weekend of 20-21 October 2018. More info here: http://www.bushwalkingnsw.org.au/bushwa ... l-2018.pdf

Trish, I've currently got family commitments on that weekend, but if I knew there was substantial interest from a range of canyoners I'd probably try to reshuffle things. I'd be keen to demonstrate the benefits of retrievable anchor systems, as well as discussing simple changes to practices that could help lower our impact on canyons.

trishm26
Full name: trish morrow
City: gosford

Re: Bushwalking NSW 'bush camp'

Post by trishm26 » 27 Aug 2018, 20:09

I like both you're suggestions. Clubs have committees and policies. Low impact would be good to include in our policies. I know our committee discusses issues like bolting in canyons. They are looking for forum or workshop ideas. But family is important so dont put them second. Maybe others with the knowledge will volunteer.